For companies looking to switch to transparent paper for tissue and napkin packaging – it’s now possible! Meet thinwrap® transparent paper packaging for tissues and napkins. It's a great alternative to fossil-based non-paper wrappings and bags. The lightweight transparent paper can be heat-sealed, and runs smoothly on existing machines, as tested with Senning, a well-known supplier of machines for packing napkins and tissues.
In recent years there has been an increasing demand for paper-based packaging solutions, such as the request that launched the collaboration between delfort and Senning. delfort provided test reels and Senning carried out the first runs on their SE660 D packaging line. The result was very promising, the paper could easily be converted on the packaging machine. The collaboration proved the runnability of the specialty paper. Thus, providing the market with a highly functional heat-sealable fibre-based packaging solution for tissues and napkins.
high-performing! tried and tested lightweight transparent heat-sealable papers
Senning has tested thinwrap® transparent to ensure that the quality meets several criteria. The paper performed optimally in terms of:
- Overall runnability of the paper through the machine
- Good folding characteristics, especially no cracking in the fold at the corner and good folding on the sides
- Transparency so that the prints and colors can be easily seen through the packaging
- Good sealing properties, also through several layers
- Paper strength such that the packets do not burst. thinwrap® transparent offers excellent product protection, including a high grade of tension and tear resistance
- Suitable for flexographic, gravure, and off-set printing, thinwrap® transparent is the perfect material for printing attractive designs that catch the eye of customers
- Made from chlorine-free virgin fibers from FSC™ (FSC-C109921) and/or PEFC (PEFC/06-33-163) certified and controlled pulp
- Our paper is luxurious to the touch, creating a pleasant and positive end-user experience
- thinwrap® transparent is TÜV OK HOME Compostable
From left to right: Fortunato Staropoli, Sales Director at delfort. Martin Buschmann, Technical Sales Manager, SENNING. Michaela Schreibmeier, Senior Business Development Manager at delfort. Dennis Domnick, Senior Service Account Manager, SENNING. At the 2023 MIAC Fair Review in Lucca, Italy
beyond napkins and tissues
Remove non-renewable bags and packaging from your stores and supply chain by switching to delfort’s specialty papers. They can be used for many items across several industries, as primary or secondary packaging.
Senning implements packaging machines for tissues, napkins, facial tissues, towels and non-woven products with the highest precision, with a variable range of services and tailor-made solutions for customers' specific needs. Their know-how is the result of decades of global experience in the sector. The collaborative, competent development work with their customers ensures constant technological progress. Learn more
collaborating for sustainable packaging solutions
thinwrap® transparent was tested on Senning’s SE 660 D packaging machine. Our experts are ready to make your transition to paper as easy as possible. Contact us today to learn more!
Interested in switching to function paper packaging?
We would love to hear from you! For inquiries and/or sample requests:
Michaela Schreibmeier, Senior Business Development Manager · delfort
firstname.lastname@example.org I +43 664 8126462
Connect with Michaela on LinkedIn