the perfect sip! base paper for paper straws
customers can enjoy their drinks safely and sustainably
The foundation of any great paper straw is great paper! What might seem like a simple product is actually the result of elaborate research and development to discover the best combination of high-performing raw materials. Tough in drinks and easy on the planet, our fibrestraw® WS paper is sip’ly amazing!
thirsty for change?
we guarantee that our fibrestraw® WS paper is compliant and safe
The Charter of Trust for Paper Drinking Straws
- our paper is fully compliant with all applicable EU and national laws on materials in contact with foodstuffs.
all raw materials can be traced to suppliers, ensuring every ingredient that goes into delfort’s paper is compliant and safe.
- we employ a team of experts in regulatory affairs, quality assurance, product integrity, and product safety, which guarantees a safe product from sourcing to the final product.
the benefits of paper straws
Our research and development teams have engineered the perfect paper for paper straws. Made from natural and renewable ingredients, your customers can enjoy their drinks safely and sustainably.
To provide safe high-quality paper straws to the market, we work with companies that embrace and implement high standards of quality, reliability, performance, and innovation.
fibrestraw® WS base paper for a high-performance straw
- base paper for all paper straw designs such as straight, telescopic and U-shaped straws
- good runnability on high speed spiral winding and cylindrical machines
- good longevity
- excellent optical appearance and printability
- recyclable and specific grades are compostable
- soil and marine-degradable certified through TÜV Austria for specific grades
- quality approved by various machine and glue suppliers
- basis weight range from 60 to 140 g/m²
(37 to 86 lbs)
- available in reels and bobbins, starting from 7.8 mm
- high wet stiffness and strength
- paper straws for various liquids and drinks
- straight, telescopic and U-shaped straws
tough in drinks and easy on the planet
our paper is strong and functional
wrap your paper straws in paper wrappers with fibrestraw® wrap
fibrestraw® wrap high performance straw packaging paper
- perfect mechanical sealin
- high efficiency on high-speed lines at the lowest
- excellent printability
- basis weight range from 23 to 28 g/m² (14 to 17 lbs)
- with or without watermarking
- available in nature and white
- in reels or bobbins
- available as heat sealable version (thinwrap® straw wrap HS)
- paper straw wrapping
- fibrestraw® wrap
- thinwrap® straw wrap HS